• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Back up application settings

RTAdams89

Mar 8, 2010
I'm considering moving from my 2.1 rooted to one of the recently released 2.2 builds. As is suggested, I plan on resetting my phone (aka, wiping) before installing 2.2. Anyhow, there are a few programs with a lot of configuration options that I would like to not have to manually re-do. Is there a way to backup the settings for specific applications, and restore them after the apps have been automatically restored?

Titanium Backup is THEE tool you need. Worth every penny, and it will backup all of your apps as well as their associated data. PRICELESS!

You may want to consider MyBackupPro, as well. This app allows you to backup your call log, and sms/mms database. Although, I'm not 100% certain that these databases are compatible with 2.2 Froya. They probably are, but I haven't tested that yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones