• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Background Data and auto sync

MusicJunkie

Android Expert
Aug 7, 2011
North Carolina
I'm a Twitterholic and I love the push notification feature for the Twitter for Android app. This requires background data to be on and for auto-sync to be on as well. I also get emails daily that I like to keep up with and respond as quickly as possible so I keep that checked (along with contact syncing). Do you guys keep those two things checked and how long does ur battery (with whatever rom/kernel set up you have) usually last?

I have my school emails set to 15 mins, weather syncs every 3 hours, facebook syncing contacts once a day, and gmail syncing only mail.

Everything else doesnt sync

I don't use the email app because I only like push notification, not polling. My weather only syncs when I open the app and that's rare. I don't use FB for Android because I don't use it that often. How is your battery life treating you with that set up? (given signal area and how often you use the phone- light, medium, heavy user)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones