1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support backlight not working on bottom hard press keys

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by superdesi, Nov 3, 2010.

1. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    A backlight used to turn on for the bottom hard press keys on my dx but ever since I downloaded and installed the live wallpaper panoplanet, they don't turn on anymore. I don't know how or even why a live wallpaper would turn off backlight settings for the keys but its becoming a major inconvenience. I checked the settings but couldn't find where to tweak backlight settings. I also rebooted the phone and did a soft reset but that didn't work. Can anyone out there help a brother out?

Advertisement

2. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Its working now :D. I did a few google searches and read that the dinc has a sensor on the top right corner that controls the backlight so I thought maybe thats the same case with the dx. So I just took my case off and put it back on and voila the backlights are on now......only they won't turn off anymore :D. But I don't really mind id rather have them on all the time than not on at all. How much battery do these backlights eat up?

3. muadibe13

muadibe13 New Member

Jul 14, 2011
    I had the same problem and there is a sensor in the top right side of the screen itself--if you have a cover, take it off, clean the area on the screen that corresponds to the hole in your cover, and you should have fixed the problem. Just a dirty/greasy screen. : )

4. ricksievers

ricksievers Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    On my X the hard key lights wont turn on at all most of the time. I have no case on it. I have to power it off to gt them to turn on. Anyone else having this issue?

5. qetuop

qetuop Active Member

Jul 8, 2010
    I started to have this issue as well after the gingerbread update. It is very inconsistent as to when the lights turn on.

Looking at the light sensor value (using Elixir) I did notice it had a high value in a dark room. After I turned a light on/off if did drop to a lower value and the backlight came on.

I don't know if this is the sensor logic or Elixir not updating, will have to try with another app.

It is very frustrating since I end up pushing on the edges of the buttons half the time which does not trigger them.