• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help backlight not working on bottom hard press keys

superdesi

Android Enthusiast
Dec 7, 2009
A backlight used to turn on for the bottom hard press keys on my dx but ever since I downloaded and installed the live wallpaper panoplanet, they don't turn on anymore. I don't know how or even why a live wallpaper would turn off backlight settings for the keys but its becoming a major inconvenience. I checked the settings but couldn't find where to tweak backlight settings. I also rebooted the phone and did a soft reset but that didn't work. Can anyone out there help a brother out?

Its working now :D. I did a few google searches and read that the dinc has a sensor on the top right corner that controls the backlight so I thought maybe thats the same case with the dx. So I just took my case off and put it back on and voila the backlights are on now......only they won't turn off anymore :D. But I don't really mind id rather have them on all the time than not on at all. How much battery do these backlights eat up?

Upvote 0
I started to have this issue as well after the gingerbread update. It is very inconsistent as to when the lights turn on.

Looking at the light sensor value (using Elixir) I did notice it had a high value in a dark room. After I turned a light on/off if did drop to a lower value and the backlight came on.

I don't know if this is the sensor logic or Elixir not updating, will have to try with another app.

It is very frustrating since I end up pushing on the edges of the buttons half the time which does not trigger them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones