• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Backup - ios -> android

s19192

Lurker
Nov 8, 2018
Hello Guys,

I'm new on the forum, so if i choose bad field I'm sorry.

Question:

There is other way to make a backup from IOS to Android, without any cloud(without: google & icloud)? It have to be very easy . The worst is that it can't be do from computer level but only between phone .

More info:

Iphone SE -> Samsung Galaxy s4, Iphone 8 etc.

Hello Guys,

Question:

There is other way to make a backup from IOS to Android, without any cloud(without: google & icloud)? It have to be very easy . The worst is that it can't be do from computer level but only between phone .

More info:

AFAIK to backup iOS it must be done with either an Apple account and iCloud online, or using a PC or Mac with iTunes, and that's it. With Apple iOS backup you must stay in their ecosystem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello Guys,

Question:

More info:

If you're asking to backup between two devices with each other, iOS and Android. No that's not possible. And since you're also excluding any online services and excluding using a computer, all that leaves you with are rudimentary backups to a microSD card for your Android device (if it has a microSD card slot, some models don't); and no alternative for your iOS device (Apple has opted to exclude any microSD card support).
There is also a possible alternative to using an external drive but as you're prefacing this with a '... have to be very easy' requirement that pretty much kills off any other viable suggestions because there's going to a lot of trial-and-error involved. What you're asking for is a simple solution to a complex problem.

Upvote 0
Smartphones, no matter which platform, are simply not reliable enough for long-term, safe data archiving. Being so mobile they're easily lost (accidentally left somewhere, or stolen) and functionally they are relatively prone to failing (less likely hardware-based, more likely software based). If you continue to intentionally rule out any practical backup solution, you need to just use them with the expectation any saved data will be lost at some point. If you're playing the odds, nothing will happen but that's how we all approach this issue. It's when you do inadvertently delete something important or some other situation occurs that a recent backup becomes a much valued thing.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones