1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Backup - ios -> android

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by s19192, Nov 8, 2018.

1. s19192

s19192 Lurker
    None

Nov 8, 2018
    Hello Guys,

I'm new on the forum, so if i choose bad field I'm sorry.

Question:

There is other way to make a backup from IOS to Android, without any cloud(without: google & icloud)? It have to be very easy . The worst is that it can't be do from computer level but only between phone .

More info:

Iphone SE -> Samsung Galaxy s4, Iphone 8 etc.

Advertisement

2. deadgameinc666

None

Nov 8, 2018

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    AFAIK to backup iOS it must be done with either an Apple account and iCloud online, or using a PC or Mac with iTunes, and that's it. With Apple iOS backup you must stay in their ecosystem.

#3 mikedt, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  4. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    If you're asking to backup between two devices with each other, iOS and Android. No that's not possible. And since you're also excluding any online services and excluding using a computer, all that leaves you with are rudimentary backups to a microSD card for your Android device (if it has a microSD card slot, some models don't); and no alternative for your iOS device (Apple has opted to exclude any microSD card support).
    There is also a possible alternative to using an external drive but as you're prefacing this with a '... have to be very easy' requirement that pretty much kills off any other viable suggestions because there's going to a lot of trial-and-error involved. What you're asking for is a simple solution to a complex problem.

5. s19192

s19192 Lurker
    None

Nov 8, 2018
    Ok , thank you guys. Now i have to explain my boss, then it is no possible :D

6. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    Smartphones, no matter which platform, are simply not reliable enough for long-term, safe data archiving. Being so mobile they're easily lost (accidentally left somewhere, or stolen) and functionally they are relatively prone to failing (less likely hardware-based, more likely software based). If you continue to intentionally rule out any practical backup solution, you need to just use them with the expectation any saved data will be lost at some point. If you're playing the odds, nothing will happen but that's how we all approach this issue. It's when you do inadvertently delete something important or some other situation occurs that a recent backup becomes a much valued thing.

Dannydet likes this.