1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Backup questions

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Treday, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Treday

Treday Lurker

I reseted my device and it gave me 2 options. I checked back up my data, which supposedly backs up application data, Wi-Fi passwords, and other settings to the Google servers. My question is how do I access these "google servers"

Then also Automatic restore, which says when reinstalling an application, backed up settings and data will be restored.

Also I even have a backup account, which Im not sure what the importance in it was...

The only thing I really care about is my contacts that I'm not sure if I ca get back.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

If contacts were syncd to google, after factory reset when you boot up, as long as you enter the same gmail address and password, your contacts will just be there. You should maybe get the option to restore all your apps to but itl be a fresh install, no app data/settings :thumbup:

3. Treday

Treday Lurker

What if as the backup account i put a yahoo account? (Which still works with logging on to Google) Also when I reset my device It didn't ask me to login ?!?!

4. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender

I believe as far as backing up, only google accounts will work. What your thinking about is just an email.

So you can access the Google market or Gmail app and it doesn't ask you to login? :thinking:

funkylogik likes this.
  5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Actually, you CAN backup and sync to Yahoo! and Hotmail/Outlook.com email accounts, but these aren't available by default. You have to set them up.

funkylogik likes this.
  6. funkylogik

How is that done Chanchan? :beer:

7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Outlook.com and Hotmail/Live contacts can be synced if you add it as an Exchange account. Razz has an extensive how-to thread on this. Yahoo! Contacts have an option to sync if you have the Yahoo! app installed.

funkylogik likes this.
  8. funkylogik

Thanks mate. Im now an established gmail user but that info should be helpful to others :beer: