• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Backup/Sync All Contacts With All Data?

uggamer

Lurker
Jan 22, 2010
Searched the forums, and couldn't quite get an answer to this one.

I'm trying to backup my contacts (even a one-time operation would be awesome) to either my gmail or outlook. I know the android operating system should allow for all contacts to automatically sync to your google account, this does not work for me, as new contacts on the phone do not appear in my gmail, despite being selected to sync and such under the account settings (and the contact sync is being displayed as recent).

However, more importantly, I was wondering if there was a way of exporting all of my contacts with all of the information to either outlook or to my google account? (With all of the data on my contacts, and even perhaps with the photos). Even on past android phones where the sync worked properly, only data saved to my phone would save, and not all the additional items the phone pulled from facebook (birthdays, photos, etc). Is there any way of even one-time syncing my "final" contact list on my phone?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones