• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

bad lockscreen

Did you see this part?

NOTE: Since this replaces a framework file, your first reboot will take some time, as your Davlik cache will be rebuilt. Don't panic
smile.gif

Upvote 0
went wrong somewhere here.
was trying to load the vanilla rotary style lock screen following the xda instructions here
I ended up with some badness going on. It wants to swipe vertically now. Any ideas for me?
Will upload a screenshot when I get a chance.

What ROM are you running? Did you delete the original HtcLockScreen.apk? Is your ROM deodex'd?

Upvote 0
Sorry that was totally not enough info. Trying to handle this between work projects.
I'm running Fresh 2.1.1 and this happened in the process of removing the HTC lock via adb.
It came up like this after that process, but before I restarted to load the vanilla zip.
I did load the zip, but nothing changed.

My first thought is to wipe my Davlik and apply the vanilla zip again?

image.php
[/url][/IMG]

Upvote 0
1. Download this. (Credits: Flipz)

2. Copy to root of your sdcard (Same way you would a ROM)

3. Flash it via recovery (No wipe required)

4. Flash lockscreen of your choice

5. Reboot. It may take a while. If you here "Freshhhh" more than once, something went wrong. Otherwise, leave it be.

The reason for this: 2.1.1 is based off the final version of android 2.1, not the early leak.

Upvote 0
Thanks, that's got me back to the HTC lockscreen. That's certainly an improvement! Maybe I'll give the vanilla another try later this weekend.

Last I knew, they had to deodex it to get the vanilla lockscreeen working. until that happens, you have to keep the stock one.... They have been very busy in the last couple of days, so give 'em a little bit. you will get your lockscreen soon enough

Reactions: aceofspades626
Upvote 0
Last I knew, they had to deodex it to get the vanilla lockscreeen working. until that happens, you have to keep the stock one.... They have been very busy in the last couple of days, so give 'em a little bit. you will get your lockscreen soon enough
The link above IS to the deodexed version of the ROM.

BTW, for giving credit where credit is due, the deodexed version was supplied by JsChiSurf over at XDA ;).

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] 05/14/10 | Fresh Rom 2.1.1 | Official Sprint RUU + The normal fresh rom goodies

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
When did they deodex it? It must have been recent...
It's been a few days. Problem is, until / if it gets "officially" incorporated by Flipz, we're not going to see a lot of the nice mods ported over, since, without the official ROM being deodexed (rather than an off-shoot), as others have mentioned, it's VERY difficult to accomplish the same mods.

Upvote 0
so the question is (because I have nowhere near the experience to answer for myself) do I try the same method again as is?
If you flash the deodexed version of the ROM, and remove the HtcLockScreen.apk, you will then need to flash one of the previous vanilla lockscreen "fixes" posted by flipz or jschisurf over at XDA. Then you will be good to go.

Or, be patient and wait to see how the "official" version plays out...

Upvote 0
Great Success!
Tried it all again exactly the same way. Works like a charm.

Just needed to flash the deodex'd rom first.
Yep. The one "risk" you have is that by flashing, for example, the rotary lockscreen you have flashed, you are replacing a core framework file from the latest Sprint release, with one that was modified from the previous leak. Odds are the file did NOT change, but if it did, it could cause issues. Only time will tell, but hey, that's what nandroids are for, right?

Edit: Also, be sure, if you flashed over top your previous install, the deodexed ROM, that you check and make sure you no longer have *.odex files in your /system/app & /system/framework folders. They are no longer necessary and if present, are taken up valuable space on your system partition.

Upvote 0
The link above IS to the deodexed version of the ROM.

BTW, for giving credit where credit is due, the deodexed version was supplied by JsChiSurf over at XDA ;).

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] 05/14/10 | Fresh Rom 2.1.1 | Official Sprint RUU + The normal fresh rom goodies

Ah apologies, I read his post as far as him saying it was all Flipz work, didn't realize he did the deodexing part :p

btw, those of you who use the alarm clock, you won't be able to turn it off in the event it goes off.. In that case, flash this (Fix the lock screen, install vanilla clock and uninstall world clock) if you haven't already. If you want to use the rotary lockscreen, flash that first then flash rotary lockscreen. And of course, all credits go to Flipz. I just read forum posts ;)

If you are STILL getting only the htclockscreen to show up, remove it via adb shell...

Code:
adb shell
su
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
# cd /system/app/
# rm HtcLockScreen.apk
# rm HtcLockScreen.odex
# reboot

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones