• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bad Sound Quality

master_amd

Lurker
Sep 15, 2010
I don't know if it is just my phone, but the sound quality is awful! I am coming from a Sprint HTC Hero and its just plain bad. I also can't use the speaker phone as the other person is getting a MASSIVE amount of feedback from the call (I suspect microphone and speaker placement is the issue). Speaker works fine otherwise. Microphone is bad as well, all the people I have talked to said I am muffled, they can't hear me clearly however I can hear them good.

Anybody else have these problems? I hope its just my unit.

Thanks

YES. Just got two units and both muffling. Tested it on many people. Would expect better quality from $300 unit.
Tested out the LG OV last month and clear w/o probs.

Speaker/reciever is clear as bell.

Unfortunately, going back to BB and going back to verizon. Too bad as I thought the 40/mo plan was good...

And yes...no screen cover or case. Voice privacy off.

Upvote 0
Both of ours are just problems with people hearing us on the other end. It is consistently muffled...
Even without solicitation people have commented that it sounds muffled.
I dont think it is VM but the microphone.
It sounds clear(to others) when I am on bluetooth in the car.
I know there have been issues with the Motorola Atrix with muffled sounds.

Again, it sounds fine when someone calls me. Errr...unless its the other triumph thats calling me...doh.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones