• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bad Touchscreen Area

The lower right corner of my phone started to become inconsistently unresponsive. When I wanted to make a call, it was 50-50 if the dialer would come up when I hit the lower right corner icon. Took it to Verizon and they did a soft reboot (battery in / out) and then a hard reboot (losing my apps, screen setup, etc.). It improved somewhat but is now bad again.

May have to do a replacement, but they tell me I will not get a brand new replacement, they will replace it with a "used" (restock, refurb, return) model. That seems unfair, but according to them it is policy. Oh well.

Anyone else experience a problem with an area of the touchscreen becoming unresponsive?

The lower right corner of my phone started to become inconsistently unresponsive. When I wanted to make a call, it was 50-50 if the dialer would come up when I hit the lower right corner icon. Took it to Verizon and they did a soft reboot (battery in / out) and then a hard reboot (losing my apps, screen setup, etc.). It improved somewhat but is now bad again.

May have to do a replacement, but they tell me I will not get a brand new replacement, they will replace it with a "used" (restock, refurb, return) model. That seems unfair, but according to them it is policy. Oh well.

Anyone else experience a problem with an area of the touchscreen becoming unresponsive?
Funny you mention this, but I noticed a semi-non-responsive spot there also. I use opera mini alot and the main button is right there. I've found by touching just to the upper left of the button a bit it works much better.
Furthermore I don't use a tray at all so that solves any problem for me in that regard. I like a clean screen top and bottom, no status bar either. Keep everything in an invisible file folder one touch away on screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones