• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Balck ice rom problems

I cannot download anything from the Google play store.how do I download apps then?

I too had this issue with Blackice in the past. The problem is that the DPI (screen pixel density) has been changed from the default 240dpi down to 200dpi. For some reason Google Play doesn't like this and will not let you download apps.

There are a couple of things you can do; you can either find (most probably in the Blackice thread on xda) a modded Google Play app which will let you download free apps. However due to the Play app itself being altered (and not being signed by Google) you will not be able to buy paid apps as it could be a possible security breach (from Google's perspective, it is actually perfectly legitimate and will work fine).

Secondly, you can change the dpi back to 240 and you will be able to download apps as normal. You can do this by either editing the 'build.prop' file of your Android system, or an easier way would be to download this app which will change it for you (to whatever size you want) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.innodroid.dpichanger&hl=en

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: D-U-R-X
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones