• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Barcode Scanning with front camera?

andraden

Lurker
Aug 12, 2011
Hi'

I just got my hands on a Asus eee Transformer, and it works great.

But I was kinda hoping, to use it as a kitchen computer, where I could use the front cam for scanning barcodes on products from the fridge, and adding them to my shopping cart.

But I can't find a barcode scanning app where I can change which cam it should use for scanning the code?

Is there anyone who know about an scanning app which can use the front cam for this purpose?

Thanks in advance, and have a great weekend :)

Kind Regards
Jacob

Is there a reason you cannot use the back camera? It sounds like you probably place the tablet flat on a table and scan by bringing items over

Kn the tablet like in those check out counters at stores.

Yes, i found a wall mount, so i would hang it on the wall and swing the item by the tablet before throwing it out. It would be anoying if i had to take it off the wall ;-)

Kind regards jacob

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones