• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bargaining with VZW for a droid

Im getting my droid in 8 days since i can get annual upgrades.

Its going to cost $299 up front and then minus the $100 gift card. Also Im considered a VIP member. I didnt think i was when i called them like 2 weeks ago but 2 different people in the store confirmed this.

so on the 16th i will be paying $299 - $100 (rebate) - $50 (VIP discount) = $149.

IF i waited til august 2010 for my NE2 i would have gotten another $100 credit so the phone would have only cost me $50. thats probably the cheapest way your going to get it.

Upvote 0
Im getting my droid in 8 days since i can get annual upgrades.

Its going to cost $299 up front and then minus the $100 gift card. Also Im considered a VIP member. I didnt think i was when i called them like 2 weeks ago but 2 different people in the store confirmed this.

so on the 16th i will be paying $299 - $100 (rebate) - $50 (VIP discount) = $149.

IF i waited til august 2010 for my NE2 i would have gotten another $100 credit so the phone would have only cost me $50. thats probably the cheapest way your going to get it.

How is one eligible for annual upgrades? Ive been a verizon member since 06 but I only had the option to upgrade every 2 years. I'm also on teh cheapest family plan.

Upvote 0
How is one eligible for annual upgrades? Ive been a verizon member since 06 but I only had the option to upgrade every 2 years. I'm also on teh cheapest family plan.

thats your problem. Your CALLING plan without any added services must be at least $60/month to qualify for an annual upgrade which you get for the 2 year price. The people at verizon also tell me its just for the primary line but Ive been told different things by different verizon employees.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones