• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BatikRecovery for Orbic Wonder

D

Deleted User

batik-recovery.png

Still waiting for that kernel source, so we found some more recoveries to at least do in that time. I know it's nothing new and exciting yet, and as much as I like bringing cool stuff like this I'm just as bored with recoveries as you guys probably are. Hope it satisfies your needs for content until Orbic finally decides it wants to release the kernel source for this thing like it's legally obligated to do. Believe me, I REALLY want to stop doing just dirty ports for this thing and get down to business with some real source, but I'm kinda screwed out of that now since they refuse to release it

This is BatikRecovery. It's an Indonesian fork of TWRP with a pretty sweet theme actually. Check out more about them on their GitHub page HERE

WHAT WORKS/DOESNT WORK:
  • Gonna be the same as all the other ones probably... phone shows up as a Redmi 3s because of the nature of dirty ports, and oem/vendor won't mount but everything else should (if data doesn't you need to flash the disable-verity zip and factory reset)
  • This recovery was supposed to come with a bunch of tools as it came in a flashable zip that contained the image and the tools to all be installed at once. However, because of how dirty ports work, unfortunately the tools are left out. There's not much I can do about this until we get the proper source to build our own stuff with
DOWNLOADS:
  • LINK TO BATIK RECOVERY DIRECTLY
  • LINK TO THE REST OF THE REPO TO SEE ALL OUR OTHER STUFF
  • Again I can't give source code for anything unfortunately because we're working with dirty ports here (because we ourselves have no source code for the phone or we'd be doing this the right way) but please feel free to use any and all of my images on the repo above for anything you want. It's a community effort here to get this phone pulled away from the dark side of the force
THANKS TO:
  • Team Orbic as usual
  • Team Batik for that sweet banner image I'm using, that's not mine that I made that's the official one that came from their GitHub page. Pretty cool!
  • XDA user zhantech for making Batik for the Redmi 3s which we ported it from. Check out the original thread for it HERE
  • Carliv Image Kitchen for letting me do all these gnarly dirty ports

Last edited by a moderator:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones