• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery anger

tma

Jul 24, 2011
Extended battery dieing in 3-4 hours. Phone use is accounting for 33% on 26 minutes of calls. Touchdown (my email app) is useing 28%. The battery use app is saying that my phone is always awake. Anyone got an idea what to do. I have tried soft resets and battery pulls, even uninstalling and reinstalling touchdown.

Help

Obviously if the phone is running hot something isn't right. I would start with uninstalling the email app and see what happens. is that doesn't help maybe a factory data reset. If it's still running hot after that you may want to take it in to Verizon to make sure it isn't a hardware issue.

It you can remember the last change you made before it started running hot all the time that may help you troubleshoot it too.

Upvote 0
I would suggest baby-steps first. Do a soft reset (volume up/volume down/power until a menu appears and then disappears) and see if it cools down.

It might be GPS usage that is eating the battery. Social Location running in the background is the worst offender.

I was recently editing in the hidden menu area and had the Bionic in my pocket while the editing session was still open. It started to heat up noticeable. I ended the session and it cooled down.

Are you using the charger and cable that came with your Bionic to charge the battery? If not do so.

If all that fails ... you've got a damaged battery.

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones