• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Battery / case - at a loss

McChazo

May 12, 2010
Alright, I really just can't deal with this stock battery anymore. I fight just to make it through with it living through a 8.5 hour day at work of moderate use. I have spent the last few days reading threads on here and I think I only feel more hopeless than I previously did.

I was on the verge of the 2600 ebay links people have been posting, and really..for $15 whats to lose..or the $22 for 2 batteries/charger/back..maybe I will jump on it either way. Only problem is I really can't deal with the loss of the case, I have already had this thing drop twice onto concrete from ~5 feet.. I'm always on the move at work and this thing has to be able to take a decent amount of abuse, without a case I don't see it working out too well.

I'm assuming the 2150? from verizon has the same problem..no available case, I saw the modified case thread to cut out the back etc. to allow a fit which I am capable of doing, is the 2600 the same size as the 2150? For example- using the case mod on a 2600 as opposed to the 2150? Mostly talking from a price point of view

Now, the seidio 1750...this is really the one I was just about to jump on, but at the last second I read a post..well I can't find the link now, but it linked to battery tests showing the 1750 from them was just...horrible. It's unfortunate the seidio one doesn't seem to be legit..was hoping for a nice boost in life without the extra bulk...in turn killing the option for a case..sigh...From other comments I have read it sounds like it's way better to just go with......

The 1500 from bidallies, it seems everyone is very content with this battery, perhaps I will just jump on this one, don't really have any questions about it, was really hoping for more battery life though

As far as cases, I am really looking into the rugged case from seidio:
Innocase Rugged Holster Combo For use with HTC Droid Incredible
Couldn't really find many reviews on it here, if anyone has some basic feedback on it that would be nice, preferably any down falls you may have noticed that may be a deal breaker. I think this is the nicest one I have found that will take some abuse (Do you not get to chose the color of the Innocase II Surface that comes with it? I couldn't find an option to chose? >< )

Any feedback is very much appreciated, I love the phone, my first smart phone, I really just have no more patience for this battery life. I'm assuming I am just pretty much stuck with a 1500 but hoping to read any feedback. Apologize in advance for yet another battery thread.

I have 2 of the bidallies 1500 batteries and a spare battery charger. I charge up my phone and the battery and then I can switch them out if needed.

TBH, I have only switched them once though. I can get through the day just fine on one battery. If I wasn't paranoid about ending up in an emergancy situation and running out of battery power, I wouldn't even carry around the second one.

That solution allows you to keep your own case, as the battery doesn't add any thickness to the phone.

So far I haven't seen any cases specifically for the extended battery. I do know someone who got the 3600 and is using a leather holster as a case (not sure which one though) and that seems to work fine. But there are no silicone/TPU/hard-cover options yet without modding a case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones