• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Charging

ivan99

Lurker
Aug 18, 2010
ca
Is it true that to best charge a Li-Poly battery , you need to follow the following process???:
1-Drain the battery totally to 0% level
2-Place the battery in a sealed plastic bag in the freezer overnight
3-Remove battery from freezer, let it sit for a while in the bag
3-Recharge the battery fully
4-Repeat this process at least 4 or 5 times

Is it true that to best charge a Li-Poly battery , you need to follow the following process???:
1-Drain the battery totally to 0% level
2-Place the battery in a sealed plastic bag in the freezer overnight
3-Remove battery from freezer, let it sit for a while in the bag
3-Recharge the battery fully
4-Repeat this process at least 4 or 5 times

Well I don't know about the FREEZER part of that list, but I did use steps 1-3-4, and my X10 went from 1/2 a day of use to 1 1/2 days of the same use, so it worked on my phone. I did it for the first week I had the phone. I don't understand why it works, because these batteries shouldn't have a memory, which is why they use that type of battery, but it does and it worked, so go figure... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Hi Guys newbie here, 2 week owner of the X10. Nice phone, hate how all the apps run even when you no intention of using them or have clicked into them , Sort of worries me when taking the phone abroad and racking up data charges even when not using anyway...

Re charging the battey,

Ive found that several leads seem to charge the battey as they all have a the same sized usb, EG the SE MW600 bluetooth headset charger, (carnt believe the phone didnt have a radio!!

Upvote 0
Sort of worries me when taking the phone abroad and racking up data charges

My data did not work whilst i was abroad. i live in Northern Ireland and flew to Barcelona, picked up a cruise and was all around the med; italy, france spain, corscia, sardiniaetc.. dont want to brag too much :D

Once i was on the plane...i entered aeroplane mode and watched movies listened to some music etc. When i turned off AP mode i cud not upload to facebook or send pic. messages. Cant remember what it said but it had something to do with "service provider was off when finding a new service provider". (i could make calls home and send sms)

Although it was a pain in the arse, i think it was a good security thing, so if ur mobile gets stolen, they cant run up enormous bills for you to pay when you return home!! And of course apps running while you are away without you knowing!

Upvote 0
Hi Guys newbie here, 2 week owner of the X10. Nice phone, hate how all the apps run even when you no intention of using them or have clicked into them , Sort of worries me when taking the phone abroad and racking up data charges even when not using anyway...

Re charging the battey,

Ive found that several leads seem to charge the battey as they all have a the same sized usb, EG the SE MW600 bluetooth headset charger, (carnt believe the phone didnt have a radio!!

Upvote 0
WELCOME to the X10 Forums! You'll find a lot of great people here and we don't have the trouble some forums have, as you'll notice if you hang around here often... Regarding the apps running even when you have no intention of running them. I have NEVER had this happen. Please explain what is going on in more detail and maybe we can help you solve that problem as it should NOT be happening and therefore you should NOT have to settle or get use to it... Regarding your other item, I don't see a problem with it, but I don't charge via Blu-Tooth, so maybe one of the other GuRu's can lend you a hand there..

Again, Welcome and I look forward to your reply...

Heh thanks for the great reply, With regard the Apps running... I downloaded the Advanced Task killer so when you click the droid symbol you see the amount of crrap running, Moxier mail? Time scape?? play now?? all that and i never use or even have set timescape up? i understand you cannot uninstall pre loaded apps but why do they run in the background? why dosent "force stop" work?

yeh charged the phone in full, usingh the Mw600 radio headset charger, seems fine? hoping it wont mess it up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones