• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery consumption solution

matttye

Android Expert
Apr 26, 2010
Lincoln, England
Delete stuff from the system memory. No joke.

My system was starting to get a little bit laggy (especially messages app), so I deleted all of my messages and a load of apps I no longer use.

As well as my phone speeding up by leaps and bounds, my battery is getting about 3 hours additional life (minimum). Before, 15 minutes after taking my phone off charge it had lost a bar, but now.. I took my phone off charge at 7:15am and listened to music for 40 minutes on the way to work.. it's now 10:19am and I still haven't lost a bar! :D

Delete what for example, where's the system memory?

Messages, browser cache, apps, etc, are stored in system memory.

Sounds more like you removed an app or widget that was draining the battery

I only removed games, none of which run in the background for any reason.

I think it's because the phone no longer has to load a 3,500+ message thread every time I text my girlfriend.

or he unplugged it soon after it had finished charging, as the desire doesn't continue charging once it hits 100%, the battery begins discharging and won't charge until it is unplugged and reconnected to the power.

The phone takes about 2 hours to completely charge and I left it on charge overnight, which was a good 7+ hours.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones