• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help battery dies with no warning

Hello everyone! This will be my first post on this site! Excitement! (And yes, I am a trumpet player, to clear all the questions lol)

So here is my problem:
My phone, the LG APEX (this is the LG ALLY sister phone, just through U.S. Cellular), dies before it even has a low battery, sometimes it might even die at 99% (sometimes it might die at 70% (it is ALWAYS a high percent when it dies however)) when it is off of the charger. I will charge it for long periods of time, and pretty much as soon as I take it off, it dies, and when I turn it back on, the phone says that the battery has no charge (less than 5% usually) and then it dies again in a matter of minutes) and the only way to keep the phone on is to keep it on the charger.

Stats:
first bought through U.S. Cellular in June 2011
Lifetime calls: 26H:49M:32S
Calls this month (up until June 27 2012): approx. 2 hours... MAYBE.
Texts this month: 531
Internet usage this month: 3.66GB
number of apps: 27 apps on SD card, 14 apps in internal storage
total storage space: internal: 152.38MB Card: 3.68GB

(okay, I tried to add as much stats as I could think of to hopefully help the situation)

I use my phone quiet a bit, especially for facebook and texting, but other than that, I don't make many calls, and I don't use it much. I use it a bit for a wifi hotspot as well (but while it's on the charger, of course)

I've experienced this problem with my battery for about a whole month now and I'm looking for any help I can get, or if someone thinks it is best to factory reset my phone...?

Help? maybe? please? :p

Thanks!

To me it sounds like you have a defective battery OR your battery settings may be way off.

1. Try running the phone dead (which shouldn't be an issue) and then remove the battery.
  2. Once the battery is removed, put the battery back in and leave the phone on the charger (turned off) for several hours. Even if the battery indication light shows fully charged, leave it on there still for awhile.
  3. After this is complete take the phone off the charger and turn it on and use it like normal.

Report back here if you want! =)

~ ArmyX

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones