• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery drain issue: mm-qcamera-daemon

dan330

Extreme Android User
Jan 22, 2010
I have noticed a battery drain on my new ATT Note3.

it happens sometimes.. when it does an app is running and it will not sleep: mm-qcamera-daemon

it shows up in the battery usage manager.. at the top of the list.
and using about 50% of the battery!! when this happens, the phone battery performance is cut in half. and the phone is a little warm to the touch.

I have tried to find it so that I can stop it.. but I can not find it in the application manager. so it is hidden or part of some other application / service.

did a little research and I think it is part of the android service app: TMServerApp. I forced stopped that app.. and the mm-qcamera-daemon stopped taking up battery usage and cpu power.

what is it? why is it? how can I fix this?
do I have to keep manually FC the TMServerApp??? what a pain!!!

I have noticed a battery drain on my new ATT Note3.

it happens sometimes.. when it does an app is running and it will not sleep: mm-qcamera-daemon

it shows up in the battery usage manager.. at the top of the list.
and using about 50% of the battery!! when this happens, the phone battery performance is cut in half. and the phone is a little warm to the touch.

I have tried to find it so that I can stop it.. but I can not find it in the application manager. so it is hidden or part of some other application / service.

did a little research and I think it is part of the android service app: TMServerApp. I forced stopped that app.. and the mm-qcamera-daemon stopped taking up battery usage and cpu power.

what is it? why is it? how can I fix this?
do I have to keep manually FC the TMServerApp??? what a pain!!!

weird? is your phone rooted? if not maybe a factory reset? otherwise i have no idea what is going.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones