• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery draining over night!!!

myadreplies

Jan 25, 2015
Up until this week, the battery has been lasting about three days when charged.

All of a sudden, this week, it drains over night. I charged it last night before bed, and got up this morning and it was at 1%!!

I've tried using that battery saver program, and it drains even worse then!

I haven't even had this phone a full year yet! Whats going on?

If the battery is bad, how do you get the back off to change it?

All of a sudden, this week, it drains over night. I charged it last night before bed, and got up this morning and it was at 1%!!

might be "runaway battery drain" or it could be an app like dropbox (uploading pics & vids in background), bad signal.. Look in settings - battery to see what's draining your device

Upvote 0

The battery in the 816 is non-removable.

Upvote 0
This phone was recently sent to HTC repair center and came back with the same problems it left with, plus a few extra problems.

They did NOTHING to repair this phone, all they did was reset it.

Battery still drains completely over 4 hour time period or less, and takes 12 - 24 hours to recharge it, even when charged while turned off.

Upvote 0
I bought an HTC Desire 816 phone last fall, and I have not even had it one year yet, and it is now completely worthless. It's nothing more than an expensive paperweight now!

From DAY ONE I've had nothing but major problems with this phone! The first one I got I returned for a replacement (during the first 30 days I had it), because it kept resetting itself to original settings every time it was turned on or came back up from being in sleep mode!!!

Come to find out that it is all the corrupted bloatware they infect with their phones! I had to uninstall what I could, and disable everything else that did not have to do with the actual function of the phone!!

And STILL, there is nothing but MAJOR problems with this piece of garbage!!

I use the camera and video on my phones more than I do anything else, and this phone is just crap-tastic at pics and videos!! Nothing but problem after problem after problem with the camera functions!!! That is IF the camera functions work at all!!!

The phone will randomly call someone off my phone list and I won't even be near the phone!! And there are TONS more problems with this expensive useless paperweight!!

There was a forced "update" install a couple of months ago (I was NOT given a choice to decline it), and it made all the problems on this phone 50% or more..WORSE!

After the FORCED "update", the battery started draining over night and takes 24 hours to charge now (or longer). The more the phone is left on, the faster the battery drains. A full charge won't even last 4 hours now, even when not using the phone! And it still takes a whole day to recharge it, even when turned off!

If I leave the phone on, it stays HOT. Even if I just turn it on to text someone, it gets hot fast.

And just in the past couple of days now, the sound and notification settings do not show up! The choices are there under the settings, but NOTHING happens when they are tapped! So now, on top of all these other MAJOR malfunctions, I cannot change the sounds on this phone.

I called HTC's so-called customer support, and all they told me to send it in for repairs. I know a lot of these companies use fake "repair" centers to just reset the phone to factory settings and send it back, in order to make a butt load more money. I didn't want too, but I thought I would give them a chance to prove me wrong.

I sent it in to get repaired, and ALL they did was reset it! They did NOT repair ANYTHING on it!!! Which tells me that HTC IS one of these underhanded companies that use "stall tactics" when you need phone repairs!!! They keep sending your phone back UNrepaired again and again until your warranty runs out and you have to start paying for it. Or, if you are paying for "repairs", they keep sending it back UNrepaired in hopes you keep sending it back and paying for MORE "repairs" or buy another phone from them! They make more money off this than they do selling these crap-tastic paperweights!!!

And reading many, many complaints online about HTC's "repairs", I can safely say that HTC does indeed use "stall tactics" to make money off of it's prey.........excuse me..."Customers".

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON HTC!!!!
(or LG for that matter)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones