• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Drian too quickly in Galaxy Mini s5570

I've posted this in another battery drain topic already but i will post it here too.

Right i am aware this thread is a little older but i'd like to share my battery experience because i feel it will help.

First off i don't think i had any battery faults, my battery died pretty damn quick one 1 day of barely using it with just normal settings wifi, bluetooth off, 3g data on, this got annoying fast

The standard battery is 1200mAh, you can pick up a 1500mAh battery off amazon or ebay rather cheaply (around 4 pounds with free delivery)

After getting this battery i did a full charge, then used it till it was almost dead then fully charged again... on the first day battery was the same as the original... barely made it through the day.

Then i turned off auto rotation... wow the battery life increased hugely, by the end of the day in same usage as above i was left with 41% battery.

So i've tested this and found that auto rotation being turned off with wifi and bluetooth saves alot of battery (3G data on)

While testing though i've come to realise the accelerometer doesn't fully turn off even when the option has been unchecked, you can verify this rotating the phone in gallery and the background moves around with the phone.

None the lesss with the option unchecked, battery life increases plus the extra 200mAh

Battery for sale links:

1500 mAh Battery for Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570 | eBay UK

Modern-Tech Replacement 1500mAh Extended Battery for: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

The 1 thing i notice that made a HUGE difference, is turning auto rotation off. Whenever i need it i always drag the notifcation menu down and down it on and then off once i've finished.

Extended battery also helps and they are cheap, super cheap

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones