• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Issue

That doesn't make sense because my battery life increased when I installed it so that means if I take it back off I will only be in the same boat as I was before. I have no issues with my battery now so it works for me. Like I said, I was just sharing what works with my device.

You're sharing what works for your particular device for the way you use it.. no problem with that. However, we must remember that what works for one person may be troublesome for someone else - especially if that advice is contradictory to known system performance, as your advice was. No offense intended.

Try this, uninstall your cache cleaning app for a week and see what happens. You can always reinstall it later. You may just find that you don't need it.

Upvote 0
btw how is your battery life?

So far I'm at 43% starting at a full charge from 6:30am yesterday. This is pretty awesome. I was worried yesterday because it seemed like the extended battery was draining just as fast as the original one. Last night at 10pm when I went to bed it was at 53%, when I woke up at 6am it was at 48%. That's the slowest battery drain I have ever had since I got this phone. I'm very pleased.

Upvote 0
You're sharing what works for your particular device for the way you use it.. no problem with that. However, we must remember that what works for one person may be troublesome for someone else - especially if that advice is contradictory to known system performance, as your advice was. No offense intended.

Try this, uninstall your cache cleaning app for a week and see what happens. You can always reinstall it later. You may just find that you don't need it.

I understand that what works for some may not work for all, which is why I said "try this and see what you think"

Upvote 0
So far I'm at 43% starting at a full charge from 6:30am yesterday. This is pretty awesome. I was worried yesterday because it seemed like the extended battery was draining just as fast as the original one. Last night at 10pm when I went to bed it was at 53%, when I woke up at 6am it was at 48%. That's the slowest battery drain I have ever had since I got this phone. I'm very pleased.

And, these batteries get better over time.. so you'll see improvement.

Upvote 0
Right now i came back. Went to school at 8:00 and came back at 5:20. I am at 67%. Screen 6.1%
Phone Radio 21.4%
Wifi active 1.7%
Held Awake 21.6%
App usage 49.2% (Kernel using 30.2%)
Rest is fb and Juice defender

Phone radio is a huge drain on that breakdown. I'm willing to bet you get a poor signal inside your school? Even if the bars say 4-5 if you look at the actual radio strength in db its probably cranked up trying to maintain a signal. Unfortunately when trapped inside a building with poor coverage all day your battery will be poor just trying to keep the device online. I'm curious, on weekends or days away from school, does your battery life seem better?

Upvote 0
Phone radio is a huge drain on that breakdown. I'm willing to bet you get a poor signal inside your school? Even if the bars say 4-5 if you look at the actual radio strength in db its probably cranked up trying to maintain a signal. Unfortunately when trapped inside a building with poor coverage all day your battery will be poor just trying to keep the device online. I'm curious, on weekends or days away from school, does your battery life seem better?

My phone doesn't drain that much at my house. I am going to test it today cause im going somewhere.

Upvote 0
I have used Linux as my sole operating system since 2001, and have used Android since 2008 (check my post history on these forums). And, I have programmed for both platforms for years. How long have you done any of that?

Have you ever researched why apps create cache? When you clear cache within an app that cache has to be replaced for the app to perform as intended. Constantly clearing cache, and then have the app replace it, makes the system work harder than it was designed to because the user is constantly battling the system. If you leave everything alone and let Android manage itself you'll find the system runs great.

Trust me, I'm a developer, I know what I'm talking about.

Perhaps you now know that what you have been doing for a while is wrong and you are reluctant to admit it?

absolutely excellent factual advice .
you don't get thanked over a 1,000 times if your giving bad advice .
but you can only give advice you cannot make people accept it .

Reactions: ardchoille
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones