• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help battery life after day at work

B

bradmatic

Hey guys.. what do you think of this.

I'm at 51% @ 9hrs with wi-fi on & connected all day at work. Here are my stats on battery usage.

Display - 28%
Standby - 25%
Idle - 18%
LauncherPro - 8%
Android System - 7%
EMail - 3%
Wi-Fi - 3%
... others omitted ...

Do you think this is OK for being unplugged 9hrs.

I find that the display.. even using the 'energy saving' setting.. uses a lot of battery power.

I'm also running SetCPU 200MHz-1000MHz conservative.

On a completely unrelated note.. I was comparing my phone to my friends Droid X.. and even with my phone rooted, lagfixed and all.. the it was so much smoother. Everything.. from program opening.. to scrolling the app drawer.

But, I am noticing that my phone "freezes" occasionally. There is no pattern to it.. but it's damn annoying.

Upvote 0
I find that the display.. even using the 'energy saving' setting.. uses a lot of battery power.

I'm also running SetCPU 200MHz-1000MHz conservative.

On a completely unrelated note.. I was comparing my phone to my friends Droid X.. and even with my phone rooted, lagfixed and all.. the it was so much smoother. Everything.. from program opening.. to scrolling the app drawer.

But, I am noticing that my phone "freezes" occasionally. There is no pattern to it.. but it's damn annoying.
The freezing is directly related to the conservative setting from SetCPU. I was using it too but without a custom ROM its really pointless at this point. The SF throttles the cpu down on its as pretty well. The conservative setting takes awhile to ramp up the cpu from 200 to 1000 you there can be sluggishness and/or outright problems. I recommend against the conservative setting if you have anything resembling performance issues

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones