• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery life as percent to single units? eg 76%?

I've been watching it for about three weeks now and it really didn't seem too accurate. I updated it and then selected the recalibrate (or whatever it is) option, it starts all over of course. I must say that so far (a day and a half) it is MUCH more accurate than it ever was before. Hopefully that will continue to be the case, I like it and want to use it but not if it's useless :)

Upvote 0
I've been watching it for about three weeks now and it really didn't seem too accurate. I updated it and then selected the recalibrate (or whatever it is) option, it starts all over of course. I must say that so far (a day and a half) it is MUCH more accurate than it ever was before. Hopefully that will continue to be the case, I like it and want to use it but not if it's useless :)

Thanks for that post :) I really do want the thing to work so I'm gonna try a recalibrate and give it a bit more time.

Upvote 0
Battery Left learns your phone use habits to make guesses at your percent and time left. It gets fairly accurate, but even after mine was reporting good accuracy, it was still very inconsistent to the phone reported value. The reason for this is likely the way I charge and use my phone. With Batteryleft, you get the most accurate readings if your use is fairly consistent and you let the battery run way down and then charge to full. I use my phone in erratic bursts throughout the day and try to keep it plugged in whenever possible to always start with a full battery when I am away from power. This type of use makes it really hard for Battery Left to get a good estimate so I discontinued using the app.

Upvote 0
Hey all you Battery Left users out there! Does the widget only start showing single % units after its calibrated? (ie: 53%, 29%, 72%...) Because I have been using this app for a few days now and it only shows % left in increments of 10s.

Mine started showing single % from almost the time it started calibrating. That was with all of the default settings

Upvote 0
You all do realize that you can choose what to show on the widget, right? I have mine set up to show the actual percentage and the estimated percentage for remaining battery as well as the time remaining.

What some of you all need to understand is that when your usage deviates to the far ends of the spectrum (not using the phone for a long time or conversely using it heavily), it is going to be inaccurate. That's the nature of the beast when trying to guess something based on past usage.

There's a good thread here that will give insight into how it works:
Battery Left - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

I find it to be accurate for me when I'm using the phone normally. When my usage is a lot heavier than usual, it is off, and when my usage is a lot lighter than normal, it is off. But then it always updates after a bit to reconcile with the real battery left (i think it does this when the system drops to the next decade left) and it is back accurate again until the next time my usage is a lot differnet from normal.

It's no different than other battery widget--it gives you your true percent left--and as a bonus it also tries to guess.

Reactions: jmt9779
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones