• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery life extension options

Montalvo

Feb 2, 2011
I'm struggling to extend the battery life on my MyTouch 4G. JuiceDefender has helped, as have disabling network connections when not in use.

But I've got a problem I haven't been able to solve. After syncing my Outlook with my gmail calender, the notification alarms cause my phone's screen to turn on every five minutes until I dismiss the alert. For alerts set for daily events, this starts at midnight when I'm sawing logs. If I forget to have my phone plugged in at night, I wake the next day with an exhausted battery.

Under Settings/Reminder settings/Set alerts & notifications, I can turn the alerts off but if I select either Alert or Status bar notification, I'm stuck with this continuing "screen-on" problem.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones