1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery Life Improvement when using Google Photos

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TexasBadger, Jan 22, 2016.

1. TexasBadger

TexasBadger Android Enthusiast

Several months ago, I got a LG Watch Urbane and paired it with my N6. It was a good marriage, but always-on Bluetooth caused a real dip in my N6 battery life. I never could find a solution, until today. It turns out that a big battery killer is the Google Photos app, which syncs to the cloud continuously by default. A simple solution is to allow syncing only when the N6 is charging.

This tip comes courtesy of JR Rafael. You can read his article here:

http://www.computerworld.com/article/3024695/android/android-battery-life.html

So here's to long life!

electricpete, jj14x and marctronixx like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

Thanks! I read the article you linked to - and it sounds like it will help folks who are taking a lot of pictures, and those are being uploaded to photos - that makes sense. Just wanted to confirm that there is no background sync going on with photos when there are no new photos on the phone - is that right?

3. TexasBadger

TexasBadger Android Enthusiast

My best guess is that background sync might very well be going on all the time. That is why I quickly switched to sync only when charging.

Nexus 6 Forum

The Nexus 6 release date was November 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.96" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

November 2014
Release Date
Reviews