• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery Life Improvement when using Google Photos

TexasBadger

Android Enthusiast
Dec 10, 2010
Dallas Area
Several months ago, I got a LG Watch Urbane and paired it with my N6. It was a good marriage, but always-on Bluetooth caused a real dip in my N6 battery life. I never could find a solution, until today. It turns out that a big battery killer is the Google Photos app, which syncs to the cloud continuously by default. A simple solution is to allow syncing only when the N6 is charging.

This tip comes courtesy of JR Rafael. You can read his article here:

http://www.computerworld.com/article/3024695/android/android-battery-life.html

So here's to long life!

Thanks! I read the article you linked to - and it sounds like it will help folks who are taking a lot of pictures, and those are being uploaded to photos - that makes sense. Just wanted to confirm that there is no background sync going on with photos when there are no new photos on the phone - is that right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones