• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root battery life in ss 4.4

wvdroidman

Lurker
Apr 12, 2010
how can i get my battery to last longer? It stinks that I paid $300 for a phone with a battery that won't last very long if running applications.
I hear all of these commercials about droid being able to walk,talk and chew gum at the same time but they fail to tell you that less than 2 hours later the phone dies.
Back to the question,
is there a way to make it last longer? I tried screen brightness but then i can't read the phone outside.

Okay first of all, the phone lasts a GOOD 10-12 hours with moderate to heavy use. With light to moderate use you can go up to 16.

So this 2 hour death of yours is once again, 99.999999% user error. That 0.whatever1% will be a defective battery or Droid.

Now back on target. I get a good 16 hours with moderate use. My meaning of moderate is 2-4 hours of music, as well as 10 minutes of calling, 30-75 minutes of browsing and occasional texts. I keep on updates, keep on GPS, and I use auto brightness. How is this possible? First of all, your problem might be that you have Wifi on. Having wifi on while commuting or whatever will basically burn your battery in half. Bluetooth connected and active all day long?: Another possibility. Phone activating in your pocket? Maybe. Now those are the more common ones. I will now explain the more application related problems.

Apps run in the background. If you downloaded about 21903812039812903812038 apps, there might be a chance that one of your apps has what we like to call a memory leak. What this means is that it will basically turn all of your Droid's processing speeds to it and overall make you lag as well as drain your battery. Now, the more popular apps do not have this problem but if you download a random 1 star app, you were just begging for it. The second problem is more Droid related. Sometimes, the GPS just doesn't turn off. Thius might be because you tried to activate it in a very weak location or whatever. What you want to do is check if you see the GPS thingy in the status bar for over like 1 minute. That means its constantly on. The browser is notorius because when your on a website like google, it sometimes tries to find your location. If you press back and are at a weak signal location, this can trigger a GPS bug which it stays in the background forever until restarted (Check status bar). To fix this, you have to restart your Droid, turning off GPS won't suffice. TOo lazy to type more, PM me if these tricks don't fix your problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones