• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery Life on MAXX

I have ICS now and find my battery life is horrible. I even did a wipe of my phone to try to sort it out. At 6 hours, I'm down to 40%. I would have been at 70% on GB. I keep thinking I'm doing something wrong, but I have purposely not added much to the phone after the wipe. I wonder if anyone else is seeing this.

Upvote 0
I have ICS now and find my battery life is horrible. I even did a wipe of my phone to try to sort it out. At 6 hours, I'm down to 40%. I would have been at 70% on GB. I keep thinking I'm doing something wrong, but I have purposely not added much to the phone after the wipe. I wonder if anyone else is seeing this.

I noticed this too on day #1 and halfway through day #2.

Yesterday, I noticed a huge improvement.

Please report back after a couple of charge cycles.

Upvote 0
wow....i wonder what would change (within ICS) in a day or two that would effect battery like? but yeah, keep us posted.

It takes a couple of charge cycles for the phone to know what voltages correspond to what charge percentage. After a major update, it's not unusual for the data to get wiped, and have to be rebuilt.

Reactions: Sharondippity
Upvote 0
It takes a couple of charge cycles for the phone to know what voltages correspond to what charge percentage. After a major update, it's not unusual for the data to get wiped, and have to be rebuilt.
Makes sense to me as well and also gives reason to the madness that was my charge indicator for the first two day. Today is day three with ICS and it seems to be working quite sweet - 3 hours, 91% (use Battery Circle for the1% readings) but I'm still messing some with app setup.

Upvote 0
I am running stock ICS, and have been playing with it a lot. Streaming music. constantly on it testing out the new software. I have been unplugged since 7am it is now 224pm and I am at 70%

Check out an application in Play Store. App called CARAT. Run it for a week or so - you need to run it every day or so, as it uploads some stats - and after a week or so, it will give you some information about what is eating up your battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones