• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Battery Life Since Rooting

tr11

Mar 10, 2010
Hi all,
So I rooted my wife's Eris and my Eris about 2 months ago. Overclocked both of them to 768 and everything has been stable. But in the last week the battery life has suddenly taken a dive. Can't even get through half a day before needing to charge again and that's after a full night's charge and with minimal use in the morning. Anyone have the same experience and is there anything we can do to make it better? I did the one touch Root and am using the ROM that came with that. Do we need to try another ROM to help?

Since you rooted 2 months ago, and battery life has just suffered in the last week, I think we can safely rule out rooting as the cause of the problem. Typically this type of behavior is most often seen when an app is trying to do some sort of a synchronization. Facebook, weather widgets, Google sync have all been seen to have caused a problem at some time or another. If you updated/added any apps right before the problem began you might take a close look at them to see if they are causing the problem.
Also, if you haven't already done so, you could try simply turning the phones off and back on to see if that resets whatever is causing the problem.

Upvote 0
Tango was the culprit. Removed it and I haven't had to charge my phone in 2 days and I still have about 25% power left with normal use. Thank God, my wife was ready to throw her phone at me because we couldn't get through 3 hours in the day before it was almost dead. Thanks for the suggestion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones