• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery life

Is it just me or are most phones starting to switch over to mini usb? Either way, I know several ways to charge my phone without having to bring my own charger. people just have htem hanging around. again i agree with majority stating that although the battery life isn't that great, the charge time is incredible... i charged my phone from 60 - 90 percent in a few minutes... (no joke)

Lastly, I had my phone on with 3G enabled (no gps, wifi, or bluetooth), and used it decently with texts, emails, browsing, and market browsing. I did turn on the GPS a couple times to show off STREET view to my friends and co workers ( yes i know most of you have done it to), and managed to go about 12 - 14 hours using about half the battery. that's seriously not bad for using 3g. my old sidekick LX had a far worse battery, but i guess i'm just used to having a smartphone battery.

either way, i agree with what people are saying ... ANYCUT will save your life... battery life that is! and yeah, try not to use locale or anything that randomly accesses your GPS. either way, this battery is not at all that bad as people are saying, and i can't wait for updates to increase battery life...

Upvote 0
i think it's okay to be negative about it. it's a brand new phone, and i'd think the company would want to hear about it.

i just had a sidekick and that had an awful battery, so i'm used to charging my phone while i'm at work, and that it charges thru usb on my PC is quite convienent.

My question is: Do T-Mobile and HTC hear about what we say in this Forum?
Is there someone having contact with them or something?
Can't we post it at the Android Google Group and/or T-Mobile Forum...
Quit much work :cool:

Upvote 0
i figured i would share my battery life so far... i agree that this phone charges up rather quickly, but to be honest i was not expecting the battery to be as bad as it has been. I havent even been using wifi bluetooth or gps and the battery dies very quickly, i have to charge it up about halfway through my day.

Get the power management app set the conditions so certain things turn off through out the day as power gets less will help.... also check your apps some turn functions on with out you realizing....

Upvote 0
i figured i would share my battery life so far... i agree that this phone charges up rather quickly, but to be honest i was not expecting the battery to be as bad as it has been. I havent even been using wifi bluetooth or gps and the battery dies very quickly, i have to charge it up about halfway through my day.

Really doesn't matter if you're using Wifi, bluetooth, gps, etc. If you're using the phone period, the battery won't last.

You're going to get, on average 3 to 5 hours (depending on what you're doing) of usage per day. This is actual usage, not standby time.

Talk time is 5 hours, about equal to other phones of similar type. Talk time probably takes up less power than browing internet or listening to music, etc.

Upvote 0
my battery used to drain after like 4 hours, the biggest killer is in the settings and thats the auto sync of the 4 options, those murder your battery, if everything is shut off such as, bluetooth,wifi,3g,the 4 auto sync features,gps, location, then you can get more then a days use, now im not saying dont use these things just turn them off when not in use thats what i do, im sick of having the battery die in the middle of work when i have used it for like 2 minutes.

Upvote 0
This is the link for extended battery http://www.fommy.com/view-full-page.asp?skuno=81931 am getting about 30% more usage time. I had not so good experience with original battery due to high usage and now its better

There's also a 2200mah (with back cover), although I'm waiting for it to get more popular before I fork over $45. That's roughly 2x the size.

It'd create a battery sized bulge on the back of the phone, but if they did the back cover right, it wouldn't be too bad (no hard-edges, but a smooth transition to the increased size .. like a slope).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones