• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery problem : Software or hardware?

Predictbot

Nov 4, 2016
( English is not my mother tongue language, so i'm apologize if you can't understand any parts )

Greetings,
Last year, i installed a kernel on my device, and it was faulty. It keeps warming up my device occasionally and i didn't uninstall it because my laptop was broke down, so i just leave it like that until i did it this year, but there's now a new problem : My battery. Everytime it reaches lower 50%, it gets laggy then crash ( no Samsung animation, just shutdown immediately ) if keep on using ( sometimes it gets hotter than usual when below that value, too ) but it still can boot up to the Samsung animation then shut off again. If i plug the charger in, it would say 66-67%. But if i let it crash then reboot into TWR then charge it, it goes down to 0%.
I've tried many ways to rebalance the battery, from charging 0 to 100% to deleting batterystats.bin ( yes i know, i was silly when i believed that deleting batterystats.bin can help me out ), but it doesn't work. I've no simple ways to check if my physical battery is corrupted or not, since it's a build-in battery and it might take days to pull it out.
So what is the problem? Was it my software or hardware?

P.s : i uninstalled the kernel by flash overwrite on current ROM.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones