• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery reporting wrong size?

slyr114

Jan 18, 2013
I bought one of those Anker 1900 batteries and when i put it in the phone the battery calibration app says its at least a 4079 size. How can the size being reported differ so much? I deleted the battery stats file in recovery before putting it in btw. I am running Cm10.1 from dastin with s-off.

Just realized i posted this in the all things root section, sorry about that thought i was in the regular evo 3d forum :(

Wow I feel dumb now lol OK then now I have an actual issue and that is that my battery only seems to charge to 99%

Just keep charging it... It'll hit 100% eventually; it could take a few hours though, and hitting 100% isn't that important. You can try to reboot to get a slightly more accurate reading (because it's not really at 99%). There's no way to fix this that I know of, but it's not a huge problem. Your phone will still report the percentages pretty well after unplugging it for a while.

Upvote 0
Just keep charging it... It'll hit 100% eventually; it could take a few hours though, and hitting 100% isn't that important. You can try to reboot to get a slightly more accurate reading (because it's not really at 99%). There's no way to fix this that I know of, but it's not a huge problem. Your phone will still report the percentages pretty well after unplugging it for a while.

I have a 3400 mAh extended battery in my phone, and it takes over an hour to get from 99% to 100%. But when it gets there, it's a true 100%. It doesn't fall to 95% quickly.

Also, does anyone know the minimum voltage needed by Android? I've had my battery as low as 3.122 V before it shut down. Prior to that, during some calibration, 1% was 3.3V.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones