• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Extended Battery Help!

A

Abdul786

Hey guys, Iv been trying to find an answer but couldn't find any forums that have answered and resolved this. So, iv bought an extended battery for my S4, so it could last longer. The extended one has 6400mah so it should be at least like 2-3 times longer lasting. But it actually lasts about 5 hours of constant use (emails, games, messaging, browsing, music etc.. ) I have tried calibrating the battery physically and with a root app but none have worked. And the root calibrating battery apps have different instructions. For example one says to press calibrate button, turn phone off, then charge to full battery. Then apparently my battery will last longer. This isnt very clear because when it says it's full and I take the charger then battery off and put back in it goes back to like 95 percent etc... I tried that way but i kinda physically calibrated it too because when it went back to 95 percent or whatever I kept repeating charging it till it always said 100 percent. But that way didn't work. The other way I have tried is : physically calibrating it (not the app) , that didn't work either. And the other app I have tried is : charge to 100 percent and press calibrate then discharge fully then give a full charge. All these weird ways I might have combined together. I'm not certain I have done it 100 percent correctly but I am sure that my battery isn't faulty because I bought it new not long ago. Can someone clearly give me a way I can calibrate my battery so that it lasts how long it should last. Also when after the calibration and it's "fully charged" the battery drains fast. Like 100 to 85 percent in half hour without doing anything just browsing. Btw I always use a ram booster and have around 600 mb or sometimes 1 gb free ram. Thanks guys.. Sorry for long thread I'm just a little confused.

I'm not sure about the battery (what brand is it and did you buy it from a reputable source?) but you should definitely lose the "ram booster". Ram uses the same amount of power no matter how full it is and apps like that make your phone inefficient and actually use more power.
As for calibration, a full charge and discharge should calibrate your phone, no apps needed :thumbsupdroid:

Upvote 0
No i bought the battery of a trsuted source and I am quite sure it is not the manufacturers fault . I have seen reviews of it by the customers and overall stars it got was 4.5 . The first two reviews where 5 stars and they both said that the battery lasted them 48+ hours with browing,games,messages,movies,music etc..
Is there anything i could do to fix this ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones