• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery saver apps, any good?

SFBayArea

Android Enthusiast
May 4, 2010
I was wondering if anyone tried battery saving apps and get any good results?
I understand that most of the time these apps just want you to do what most of us already know - dim screen, less email updates, etc. However, I've noticed that there are lots of apps running on the background (including games) that probably help draining my battery.

I was wondering if anyone tried battery saving apps and get any good results?
I understand that most of the time these apps just want you to do what most of us already know - dim screen, less email updates, etc. However, I've noticed that there are lots of apps running on the background (including games) that probably help draining my battery.

I think these apps really just run in the background and take up more battery. You can see what apps are running and stop/disable them in android - especially if they are draining battery. These battery saving apps just do what you can do with your phone already in the settings, they are more or less just a shortcut and are not really needed.

You are probably better off just getting your settings right and working for yourself than you would be by using one of these apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones