• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

battery saving app?

I am using my G1 in Vietnam so I know the APN code. I keep the DATA turned off by messing with the APN code. When I need DATA I just fix the code. Easy to do BUT If I do not use DATA., not watch Videos or do anything else with the phone other to just use the phone as JUST a phone. Calls & SMS message ONLY, then my battery will last for 2 days !

Upvote 0
I use Locale to manage my phone based on a few criteria

For calendar events - I have the screen brightness turned down, the screen timeout to 15 seconds, the ringer on silent with vibrate, WiFi, BT, and GPS turned off.

On battery power I have the screen brightness up, and the screen timeout at 2 minutes.

Seems to get my battery from 6am to at least 8pm with one, maybe two phonecalls and some light usage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones