• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery stop charging randomly...? WTH

droidinmiami

May 25, 2012
I noticed a few times now that when I'm charging my batter with the original wall charger that out of the sudden the charging process stops.

The battery may still be half full, no need to stop charging but it happens.

I have to unplug the cable and plug it back in to continue charging.

I never dropped the phone or bent the plug or anything. Nothing appears to be lose whatsoever.

Did this happen to anyone else? What do I do?

Have you made sure that the phone is not in a position where the cord may settle or the phone moved?

Mine sometimes slips just enough to stop charging if the cord is allowed to sag or is twisted up and left in the sun.

I have found that my Samsung cable works better and doesn't come as loose.

I have a spare Samsung cable if you'd like to try that. I'm down in homestead but I can also just mail it... pm me if you want to give it a shot.

Upvote 0
Yes , Like Tokenpoke said , I found that Samsung cables work better , LG is just not the best in phone and cables... The phone is great , the cable is kind of fat and short , I use my Samsung Admire cable and I find it to be better , I also use a Motorola cable but it still is a bit like the LG one , Samsung is quality and looks

Also I agree , Sometimes when the cord is tangled , It won't charge , Even more if it always gets tangled and you always must untangle it (Like a pair of ear buds or any cable)

Upvote 0
Have you made sure that the phone is not in a position where the cord may settle or the phone moved?

Mine sometimes slips just enough to stop charging if the cord is allowed to sag or is twisted up and left in the sun.

I have found that my Samsung cable works better and doesn't come as loose.

I have a spare Samsung cable if you'd like to try that. I'm down in homestead but I can also just mail it... pm me if you want to give it a shot.
Thanks Tokenpoke for your nice offer.

I actually do have a Samsung cable here so I will give it a shot. :)

I also wanted to know if I can use the Samsung wall charger to charge the LG Connect. The specs of the adapter are slightly different, but maybe enough to send the phone to Nirvana - no idea.

Is that a big no no or can I use it?

Upvote 0
I too, recently had this problem. Cell plug into the wall charger, yet no charging. I have recently updated my cell to ZVA at the corporate store. Wonder if this is the reason. It has never happened before. I have this free app, battery indicator, and while this thing happens, not charging while plug in, the utility says,... overheating, discharging, 107

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones