• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery this weekend

zetroc

Android Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2010
So, let me start off by saying that I love my Galaxy Nexus. I love everything about it... well, almost everything... let me say what I absolutely hate about it:

1. The radios get really hot by simple browsing the web. And if LTE is on, boy my phone gets warm.

2. The battery life is worthless. Usually, because I'm at work, or home and what not, I am on WiFi and that helps. My batter lasts, no big deal. This weekend I was out of town and no WiFi around, in a big city so 3G and LTE were strong, so it's not like my phone was pinging to find a good connection, and my battery life was just miserable with light use. Something needs to happen with battery life, it's ridiculous that we're half way through 2012 and we can't score a whole day of battery life with moderate to high use. Just ridiculous. I honestly consider LTE to be a half baked product that should not have been made available because of how it consumes battery without there being a mechanism to counteract that on the battery technology side.

My rant is done. Thanks :)

I do love my Galaxy Nexus. I have absolutely no interest in any other phone in the market at this time.

Have you been tracking what is using your battery? Sometimes a process can get snagged or something and really suck that battery down. I am constantly having issues with Maps or Weather kicking the GPS on, where it hangs looking for signal, draining my battery at twice the normal rate while it does.

Thank you! I will see if I can keep my eye on that. I keep GPS on because I want to see Google now do its best, but sometimes I do notice the GPS stays on for a while but this isn't always. It almost felt like the phone was always looking for signal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones