• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S22 & S23 Good Upgrades From S8?

I am not a phone enthusiast. Just a guy who wants a decent phone. I have a Galaxy S8, and the battery life is not what it once was. It also seems a little slow these days.

I am thinking of getting a Galaxy S22 or S23. Are there any glaring problems with these phones? I don't trust review websites because they seem to rave about everything. I want at least as much battery life as I had back when I bought my old phone in 2017, and I don't want to get bitten in the butt by known issues people only find out about after buying.

Also, should I insist on a new phone? I am concerned that I might end up with something with a worn-out battery or other issues.

I am not a phone enthusiast. Just a guy who wants a decent phone. I have a Galaxy S8, and the battery life is not what it once was. It also seems a little slow these days.

I am thinking of getting a Galaxy S22 or S23. Are there any glaring problems with these phones? I don't trust review websites because they seem to rave about everything. I want at least as much battery life as I had back when I bought my old phone in 2017, and I don't want to get bitten in the butt by known issues people only find out about after buying.

Also, should I insist on a new phone? I am concerned that I might end up with something with a worn-out battery or other issues.
both are solid phones. i have friends who have the s23 ultra and love it. my mom has the s22 and really likes the phone. though it took her a while to get used coming from the s7. but now she does not complain about her phone any more.

i would worry about used batteries on older phone. but the s22 and s23 are relatively new phones so that should be ok.

Upvote 0
A few years back I went from a regular S8 to a regular S21. It was a big differnce, in a good way. It did make me realize the S8 was a damn good phone for the year it came out . I'd agree with Ocnbrze, either the S22 or S23 would be a fine choice. They will be better in pretty much every way unless you love that curved screen. I think the Screen to body ratio alone is going to blow your hair back!

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones