1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery Went Nuts?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Leonne, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Leonne

Leonne Member

Can someone tell me what's going on? When I woke up, I checked my Android for new E-Mail, notifications, etc like I usually do (didn't check it's battery because I charge it every night and was supposed to be full). A couple of hours later (now) I try to use my phone and learn it's battery been totally drained up.

I connected it to the outlet charger but there's no battery animation when charging the phone like there normally is... What's going on?
    I'm running the latest nightly build of Cyanogenmod.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert

Looked like the phone never charged in the first place. Possible causes

1) The wall power outlet is screwed. Maybe the button is not on or cannot connect anymore.

2) The wall charger is screwed

3) The wall charger cable is screwed

4) The phone USB port is screwed.

5) Phone battery is screwed

Best thing is try charging through the PC or try it with another outlet. If none of those work, it most likely to do with battery or USB port. In that case, try a replacement battery or get a phone replacement.

Good Luck

Leonne likes this.
  3. Leonne

Leonne Member

Good lawd, I just needed patience here... I was starting to lose my mind because it was taking too long.
    ... Then I remembered the S2 has awful charging times and cooled down. It's fully charged and functional (with another custom ROM, just in case).

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews