• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beck: Obama Will Blame Terror Attack On TSA Resistance...

so then you have no problem with the police profiling blacks? since blacks statistically commit the majority of crimes

dont know how many times I have to say this....... since you insist profiling those of ME descent is the best option...... maybe looking at it from a different angle will help you.... lets say we profile based on looking ME 14-45..... at what point can we expand the profile to include white males or black males? ..... can we do it after they attempt to blow up a plane? .... because that already happened... SHOE BOMBER..... UNDERWEAR BOMBER..... or how about hispanic males? .... jose padilla comes to mind...... so now our profile includes males of most appearances.... with the exception of asians......... and our profile also doesnt include females...... so by your theory of profiling those most likely to attack us....... we can exclude asians and females from the profile..... makes sense

and I'll also repeat once again....... nobody is ignoring that 90% of our threats come from muslims.......... I could put 10 people side by side ... half muslims and half christians....... I bet you couldnt pick out a single muslim without a little luck...... muslim is not a race...... there are no physical characteristics to a muslim....... you can not simply look at a person and determine if they are muslim........ so how exactly is profiling muslims going to work?

As I have said many times..... I dont like what the TSA is doing..... I think they are showing the terrorists exactly what they want...... FEAR........ but basically they are already using profiling as their primary tool........ they are profiling EVERYONE as a possible terrorist...... and they are 100% correct in doing so

Upvote 0
so then you have no problem with the police profiling blacks? since blacks statistically commit the majority of crimes

There are a couple of different avenues that I could use to respond to this, and I'm torn as to which one to use. So, I'm going to write a couple of complete separate responses.

To a degree. In Montgomery, Alabama, during 2007, I followed every murder that was committed and kept a running tally. There were 57 murders when I stopped keeping track, and every one of them was committed by a young black male. Not 90%, not 99%, 100% were committed by young black males. (Off shoot, the most disturbing thing was that none of them were committed during a crime. They were all the results of an argument or disagreement, where one person left, retrieved a firearm, returned and killed the other person).

Now, as a cop responding to a murder, if you see two people running in opposite directions, one is black, and one is white. They both appear to be running from the crime scene. Which one do you chase? You can only chase one, the other you call for another car to respond and track down?

You chase the young black male. Statistically, there is a higher probability that this person was the perpetrator, than the young white male also running from the crime scene. It doesn't mean you think all blacks are murderers, but that you make judgment calls without ignoring facts.

If the facts had been reversed, and every murder in the city had been committed by a young white male, the police officer should chase the young white male, and call for another officer to respond and track down the young black male. The cop may be wrong, but he has a higher chance of being right by chasing the young white male.

Don't you think store owners and employees already do? If the majority of crime is coming from young black males, and they want to protect themselves from being victims... they watch young black men approaching the store for any sign that they are going to rob the place.

Any reasonable person who knows that the biggest threat is from young black males, will watch them a little more closely. You would be absolutely stupid not to.

Let's take race out of the equation and make it anything else other than race.

You have to walk through a pit of two types of snakes... both are poisonous, but one strikes much more easily than the other.

Which one are you most careful around?

Upvote 0

Actually, I would have a problem with this. "Blacks statistically commit a majority of the crimes" isn't accurate. Its possibly more accurate to say "Young black males in urban areas commit the majority of crimes in those areas" and no, I don't have a problem with the Police profiling that segment of the community. They already do, and should be allowed to do so. No one flinches when rural Sheriff Departments profile poor white people in run-down trailer parks for meth labs.

dont know how many times I have to say this....... since you insist profiling those of ME descent is the best option...... maybe looking at it from a different angle will help you.... lets say we profile based on looking ME 14-45..... at what point can we expand the profile to include white males or black males? ..... can we do it after they attempt to blow up a plane? .... because that already happened... SHOE BOMBER..... UNDERWEAR BOMBER..... or how about hispanic males? .... jose padilla comes to mind...... so now our profile includes males of most appearances.... with the exception of asians......... and our profile also doesnt include females...... so by your theory of profiling those most likely to attack us....... we can exclude asians and females from the profile..... makes sense
I agree it isn't easy to do in reality, and it is in no way the panacea that solves the problem. I've also previously acknowledged that even if this was allowed, it wouldn't necessarily have helped with one or two instances. By "profiling" this group of travelers, you can do it without singling them out in a security screening line. Make the process of buying the tickets more difficult. If you're planning to travel to the US from certain countries, it will require a lot more effort and a lot more documentation than a credit card or cash to buy it. It can be done more on the front end that way. There are more ways to accomplish it than just searching them in the airport line.

and I'll also repeat once again....... nobody is ignoring that 90% of our threats come from muslims.......... I could put 10 people side by side ... half muslims and half christians....... I bet you couldnt pick out a single muslim without a little luck...... muslim is not a race...... there are no physical characteristics to a muslim....... you can not simply look at a person and determine if they are muslim........ so how exactly is profiling muslims going to work?
You're right about physical descriptions, which is one reason why I never said anything along the lines of "profile by skin color". If you're a male age 18 and your passport and ID are from Yemen, we have a special process for you to complete before you are allowed on board. (As an example, not an absolute process)

As I have said many times..... I dont like what the TSA is doing..... I think they are showing the terrorists exactly what they want...... FEAR........ but basically they are already using profiling as their primary tool........ they are profiling EVERYONE as a possible terrorist...... and they are 100% correct in doing so
You are completely correct in these statements as well. Most of the terrorist sites monitored by Western Media have been jumping for joy that their "plan" to make us spend billions on (ineffective) security measures has worked like a charm. While we're wringing our hands over the boundaries of Political Correctness, they are laughing and mocking us while they decide the next best way to pull off an attack. What we all fail to realize, while arguing the boundaries of racism/profiling, whatever we want to call it, there is a much larger problem. We're focusing on the wrong issue. The issue isn't whether or not its offensive to them. They don't care. Our entire culture and way of life offends them. They won't "feel better" until our society has been wiped from the face of the earth and we're all either dead or bowing to the east on a prayer mat. They have publicly sworn to do this and are willing to die to see that it is achieved. This doesn't mean that every single young male of middle eastern descent has joined the cause. It just means that the stakes are sufficiently high enough for us that we should be open to measures that seem extreme when viewed from the lens of our own culture.

Completely off the subject now, my feeling is the next "9/11 size" attack will come through one of our seaports. New York, San Diego, Norfolk, Baltimore, etc. Norfolk would be an obvious target because its the largest on the East Coast and has the bonus prize of the Navy's Atlantic Fleet sitting right next to it. And the security is horrendous in all of them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones