• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Becoming a Mobile Tester?

Dendore

Nov 11, 2009
I have a pretty technical background. I've done testing on software and some hardware. Never anything mobile though. Anyways I'm getting into the mobile scene. I've bought 2 smartphones in the past year and it took me 3 months or so to find out I didn't like them. So stuck with them. I don't think a phone that I'd be happy with exists yet (see my post http://androidforums.com/android-news-talk/16744-help-picking-tmo-android-phone.html ).

So the point is: I'd like to get into mobile testing in my free time. Whats a good program to do this through? I'd like as big a range as possible in terms of products I'm sent... would prefer not to be locked into 1 brand (Would be HTC if I had to tho).

I feel this will help me realize what exactly I want in a phone and keep me from making bad purchases in the future, as well as help others in the same situation and give useful feedback to the manufacturers.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones