• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Becoming sluggish

Well, that's assuming it's addressable via software. If its a hardware limitation, are the same,e options available?

Keep in mind that a lot of people were claiming that the second update we got after the N7 was released, was supposed to have fixed the slow down with low storage space. I've had to deal with the problem three times since purchase. Once, before the update, and now twice, since. So I'm wondering out loud why several people on the forums claimed that the update took care of the problem. perhaps it was just speaking "too soon"?

Upvote 0
That's why I posited about the problem being physical. Per the article I linked to:

" So, what's the cause for this issue? At this point, it's hard to say. Given ASUS' history of problems with physical storage, however, I would assume the culprit is likely found within the hardware. Further backing up that theory, the 8GB and 16GB variants of the N7 use different eMMC packages, which explains why the former doesn't suffer the same issue (good thing, too)."

This is what gives me doubts that software could fix it, but anything is possible these days.

Edited for typos

Upvote 0
I had a recent problem with speed when I got to 2GB free space. I deleted some videos, ran ForeverGone and got the speed back up to normal. quite a pain to do, as ForeverGone takes a long time to run. Google needs to address this.

Did the same yesterday, and it seemed to make some improvement in performance. I now have 5.6gb free. Though it still takes my Nook app about 7 seconds to open (compared to 4 seconds on my Android phone) which is not very snappy. :thinking: If the cause of lagginess is using too much memory (13gb+ of 16gb), that is dissapointing. Hopefully, an OS update can fix.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones