• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps begineer class to learn develope Android App

I am thinking to take a basic beginner Android app development class. I am in Silicon Valley South Bay area. Is there any local community college offer this? Are these classes any good?

Or, what first step I should do by myself, that is faster.
Thank you.

Are you self motivated? I was looking into the same thing. There are books that can be used for self teaching. I am looking into these since the price is from $15-$40. Im not sure how I will do outside of a class environment. Also I found some classes that are located in San Francisco but it requires some sort of Java experience which I do not have. I might take a Java community college course during the summer. The school is called Marakana and their classes run about a week, however it is pretty pricey. $2150 is the price for a class. Im gonna try my luck with a community college Java course and some do it yourself books, but Im also gonna look for cheaper classes here in the Bay Area.

Upvote 0
City College of San Francisco offer android programming.
ccsf.edu/Schedule/Fall/computer_science.shtml#Computer_Programming

Look under cs211d

It is a semester class, about 16 weeks, 3 hours per night per week. Since it is a community college, it is about $36 per unit and this class is only 3 unit. This class cover both XML and Java since Android is both XML and Java. About 50% XML and 50% Java.
The teacher is great, he will explain in detail the structure design of Android and what each file do, understanding syntax, etc. Then we will do some homework. A very good class if you are in the Bay Area and want to take it.
It will offer again next semester.
Yeah, you will need some Java knowledge to make it easier

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones