• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Belkin Wireless router does not work with android 2.2

Finnbjerke

Apr 6, 2011
Belkin support tell me the belkin wireless N1 is useless with android 2.2!!! also the router will not work with HTC phones ...

maybe it works with android 2.3 on HTC I dont know, the supporter "hopes it does..." .. The supporter on the chat seemed well not overly competent also his english could b better ...

I am not quite familiar with your Belkin product. But if you can change the wireless standard from 802.11N to something like 802.11g/b, maybe it will work with your phone. Although doing this will make wireless performance slower (if you have 'N' clients) than what is offered with the 'N' standard.

Upvote 0
Using Static IP number helped.

HTC desire Z now connects to Belkin Wireless N and also The phone now connects to other routers like "Gigabyte Aircruiser Ultra N" Here is what Belkin Support Email wrote me:

p { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; }----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Belkin Technical Support.

I understand that you are trying to connect HTC desire smartphone via Belkin router and I will be happy to assist you with the same.

Well, any DHCP enabled device that has the capability of taking the IP address assigned by the router will work with router with no issues.

To isolate the issue, you can assign a Static IP on the phone in the Belkin range say 192.168.2.50 i.e:

IP address : 192.168.2.50
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway : 192.168.2.1

Primary DNS : 4.2.2.2
Alternate DNS : 4.2.2.1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to set up static IP on your HTC phone:

• Hit the hard menu button on your phone and then choose Settings
  • From there, browse to the Wireless controls section and then choose Wi-Fi Settings
  • Whilst in the Wi-Fi Settings section, push the hard menu button again and select Advanced
  • Press Use static IP to put a check in the box and then enter the network settings as per your own network

Upvote 0
Greetings I just registered to tell all of you with belkin router issues that I solved it very easily no messing about with static ips or anything. Have had a sensation xe for about a week and spent most of that time trying to get on my wifi. my router is about 4 years old so hope this will work for some of you.
If your htc device has WPS(wi-fi protected setup) in the wireless settings enable it with the wireless on, now somewhere on the back of the router should be a small button with a padlock above it hold, that down for 5 seconds and the padlock symbol on the front will flash and then thats it you should be connected. no need to change any complicated settings. Hope this helps some of you guys out am in UK so dont know if it will be same in the US

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones