• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bell Incredible S CANNOT GET IDENTIFIER TOKEN

manninp03

Lurker
Apr 1, 2012
Just Rooted, S-Off and upgraded to 2.3.5 with custom ROM, when I attempt the command: fastboot oem get_identifier_token in fastbootusb mode i get the following error:
<bootloader> [ERR] Command Error!!!

here is what shows on my fastboot screen:
-Revolutionary-
VIVO PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-6.13.1002
RADIO-3805.04.03.27_M
eMMC-boot

HELP PLEASE as I would really like to unlock this phone so I can use with Rogers rather than Bell, thanks!

Just Rooted, S-Off and upgraded to 2.3.5 with custom ROM, when I attempt the command: fastboot oem get_identifier_token in fastbootusb mode i get the following error:
<bootloader> [ERR] Command Error!!!

here is what shows on my fastboot screen:
-Revolutionary-
VIVO PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-6.13.1002
RADIO-3805.04.03.27_M
eMMC-boot

HELP PLEASE as I would really like to unlock this phone so I can use with Rogers rather than Bell, thanks!

That command is only available if you have a stock HTC HBOOT version 1.16 or 2.00. The fact that you are S-OFF and have the Revolutionary HBOOT is a good thing. You don't need to mess with trying to unlock your IncS. With S-OFF you will be able to flash anything you want and won't be limited by a semi-unlocked HTC solution.

Unlocking the bootloader does not SIM Unlock the phone. You need to get a SIM unlock code. If Bell Mobility won't give it to you, then you will need to use one of the pay services.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones