• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Beowulf Cluster of Android devices

bfldworker

Android Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2012
Tennessee
www.facebook.com
This only proves I have too much time on my hands.

I have 39 older Android based phones and tablets collecting dust. All of them work and all of them run variants of the ARM v7 (Snapdragon S2, S4, 200, 400 and one 808) and I was wondering if I could put them to good use and setup a Beowulf Cluster. Not for any specific reason, more or less of the hell of it.

Are there apps for this sort of thing available for Android?

Reactions: Timmie2
A paper.pdf was wriiten by a Boise State University student describing the building of the app you want back in 2012. The app is still available on the schools servers. Download at your own risk but I'd be really interested in how it turns out.
I'm also looking for this solution, but It seems this app you have recommended was developed only to monitor status of a cluster, not for this purpose we are looking for.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones