1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Petition: Motorola, please include Moto G (3rd Gen) for Android Nougat Update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WirelessWanderer, Oct 8, 2016.

1. WirelessWanderer

None

Sep 7, 2014
    Male
    S.E. Michigan
    Motorola, please include Moto G (3rd Gen) for Android Nougat Update (Change.Org)

I haven't signed it (yet?) because I'm not certain I actually want Lenovorola to do this. Unless Nougat on the G3 also adds VoLTE (and, preferably, WiFi calling) on T-Mobile: ISTM they'd likely induce more problems than they'd solve.

But others may really want it, so: For all the good it'll do: Here ya go :)

Advertisement

acejavelin likes this.
  2. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

I'm surprised the Moto G 3rd gen isn't getting Nougat since the phone is only one year old.

WirelessWanderer likes this.
  3. WirelessWanderer

None

Sep 7, 2014
    Male
    S.E. Michigan
    Many people are.

Nobody knows what is the deal with this phone. It started out with Band 12 support, then they disabled it. It hasn't been getting updates and, now, it looks like it won't get Nougat. It's a terrific phone, but, it almost appears as if Lenvorola hates it and wants it to go away.

A better Change.Org petition might be: Lenovorola: Tell us why you treat the Moto G, 3rd Gen. phone like an unwanted step-child?

4. acejavelin

acejavelin Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2012
    VoIP/Telephony/IT Technician
    Bismarck, ND
    Everyone should sign this petition, even if you do not own a Moto G 2015, or any Moto device for that matter.

The issue here is Moto promised as part of the features of this device 18 months of updates, and they are just quietly trying to sweep that under rug and hoping users will forget about it. Many of us, including myself, would likely have not purchased this device if there wasn't a promise of ongoing updates, for the price at the time there were better spec'd devices but none with the Moto promise behind them.

5. WirelessWanderer

None

Sep 7, 2014
    Male
    S.E. Michigan
    *Bump* for Monday morning (my time) crowd.

6. acejavelin

None

Jun 4, 2012
    Bismarck, ND
    Thanks to everyone who has participated so far, we have reached the 1000 signature milestone but still have a way to go.

We have received confirmation that the at least one major Android news outlet will be running a feature story in the next few days and pushing it to all major social media outlets, and fully expect most others to pick it up shortly.

Don't give up, and feel free to continue sharing and signing the petition if you haven't yet!!!

7. acejavelin

None

Jun 4, 2012
    Bismarck, ND
    Just an update for everyone, thanks to the great article by XDA's news staff and users sharing on various social media outlets, we have quickly jumped up in supporters and have surpassed 5400 supporters and the number is growing by the 10's every few minutes (from the time I started posting this until refreshing again, it jumped 33 signatures)!

I can only say thank you for all the overwhelming support by users out there, please continue to support and share where appropriate.

WirelessWanderer likes this.
  8. acejavelin

None

Jun 4, 2012
    Bismarck, ND
    Bump... Broke 8000 supporters today, great going people. Thank you for all your help

Just need to keep it up, please share on social media..

Petition: https://www.change.org/p/motorola-please-include-moto-g-3rd-gen-for-android-nougat-update

Home forum thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/2015-moto-g/general/petition-android-nougat-update-osprey-t3476321

Great news articles:
    http://www.xda-developers.com/motorola-and-updates-how-the-oem-plays-up-on-planned-obsolescence/
    http://neurogadget.com/2016/10/16/moto-g-3rd-gen-petition-receive-android-nougat-update/42188

Please share to all Android or other appropriate communities... again, thanks for all your help everyone!!!

9. WirelessWanderer

None

Sep 7, 2014
    Male
    S.E. Michigan
    Broke 10,000 signers as of yesterday. Up to 10,355 at the moment.

10. mikiep

mikiep Lurker
    None

Oct 26, 2016
    Might help to keep this thread going and growing too.
    Looks shameful toward Lenovo & Motorola name.. not just G3 but reflects on all their products & usually they have good lasting products.
    I've 3 Lenovo notebooks here and maybe 6 moto's. Next purchase may as well just buy the cheapest things out there, who may or may not do future upgrades - just like Motorola does. Why pay premium dollars for something not maintained or upgradable.

11. acejavelin

None

Jun 4, 2012
    Bismarck, ND
    Just a little update if anyone is interested... Hit 13,100 signatures earlier today.

Also found out that change.org is blocked in China, so a huge market area for this device is missing the ability to respond, and Brazil just got wind of it this week, another big market area for the G3/Turbo. Continue to spread the word and thanks for your help!

12. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    I somehow don't think that many around here would be likely to read and sign it anyway, simply because it's in English, and not Chinese. I can see change.org no problem, I'm using a VPN. :thumbsupdroid: ...anyone I know who's interested in non-Chinese language websites, e.g. expats, that's what we often do.

13. Aadel

Aadel Lurker
    None

Dec 21, 2016
    Plzz Give Android N for Moto G3

14. Aadel

Aadel Lurker
    None

Dec 21, 2016
    I m from Kashmir and here moto phones are not available but I went to Delhi for buying Moto G3 and now Lenovo not give Android N what is this haaaa......

Motorola Moto G (3rd Gen)

The third generation Moto G was announced in India in July of 2015 (it became available for purchase that same day). The Moto G 3rd Gen features a 5.0-inch LCD display, Snapdragon 410 processor, 16GB storage, 2GB RAM, 13MP rear/5 MP front facing cameras, 2,470 mAh battery, and is IPX7 certified against water/dust.