• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Android phone for geocaching

roadlover

Lurker
Sep 16, 2010
Hi Everyone,

Not sure where to post this question but it is more directed to those who use their Androids for Geocaching. I currently own a Blackberry 8330 but am looking at purchasing a new android phone from Verizon that will also be my primary gps unit for geocaching. I have a garmin 400 but for the past year found it more convienent to geocache with my Blackberry 8330. So, for those who love to geocache, what phone is the more perferred when using it for geocaching. I have looked at the droid x, the droid 2, the incredible and the samsung fascinate. One sales person I spoke with at Verizon is an avid geocacher said he loves his droid x but I'm sure there are also others to concider. I would really appreciate any and all suggestions and opinions. Thanks!

I appreciate all of your responses. I've heard nothing but good about the c:geo software for geocaching and will probably use it. But also read a few concerns about the accuracy of the gps on the Samsung Fascinate. So, I was hoping to hear of any personal expeariences with any particular android based phone. Thanks

Upvote 0
I appreciate all of your responses. I've heard nothing but good about the c:geo software for geocaching and will probably use it. But also read a few concerns about the accuracy of the gps on the Samsung Fascinate. So, I was hoping to hear of any personal expeariences with any particular android based phone. Thanks

Until a GPS fix is issued for the Galaxy S line, the Vibrant/Captivate etc., they're not a good choice for caching. I have a Vibrant, and the GPS is far too inaccurate to track down a cache. To date I haven't even attempted it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones