Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Best android phone

Discussion in 'What Device Should I Buy?' started by disturbedjosh, Mar 9, 2016.

1. disturbedjosh

disturbedjosh New Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Male
    So I wanted to ask the community, what is the best android phone in their opinion?

I currently have a Galaxy S6 Edge and I like the phone. However, I hate the battery life and I also don't like how the phone seems laggy or glitches out a lot(phone will receive a text but then acts like there is nothing there until I go into the message app, press a button and 6 seconds later it will do the command, or just freezes). I, originally, was going to wait for the new iPhone to be released so I could have a smooth running phone again. But I don't want to give up the customization that is allowed with the android operating system. I thought about getting the Galaxy S7 but I don't want to be disappointed again with the same problems I mentioned with my S6.

Any ideas or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Welcome to ourAndroidForums, Josh :).

I'm sure you'll get a variety of replies centered on what devices the respondents currently have (I'm using a Nexus 6P at the moment--I love it :)).

There are so many considerations that factor in, for me at least:

- cost (of course)
    - screen size, resolution
    - OTA availability
    - current Android release
    - rootablity
    - performance
    - SD card (or lack thereof)
    - camera(s) / resolution
    - carrier availability

For me, no SD card wasn't a big deal for me and the other items for the 6P were spot-on for me, so I went with the 6P.

You might hit-up a store and get some hands-on and see if they offer a 30-day trial period or such to let you see--that would be a great way to evaluate in my opinion.

Cheers!

Mikestony and Brian706 like this.
  3. Brian706

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Drafter
    Washington
    +1 for Nexus phones. I don't have a 6P but I have the Nexus 6 and a Nexus 5 before that; loved them both. For me, rootability is probably my main concern and you can't get better than a Nexus when it comes to that. I have to say, each phone I've had has become my favorite device. I've never regretted owning any of them.

One thing I will add is that if it's in your budget, stick with flagship devices. While price is usually a major factor in an Android purchase due to having so many options, you get what you pay for. If you buy the cheapest Android phone you can find, you're gonna have a bad time if you're expecting a $200 device to perform like a $600 device.

4. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    ^^^ +10000, Brian re. the flagship devices--that's a great point!

There will be more folks (users, devs, carrier, manufacturer) looking at problems / issues on the major, flagship devices than there will be for the lesser known or niche devices.

Brian706 likes this.
  5. Slug

Slug Check six!

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    The one that meets your requirements. :)

There's no "best", as all smartphones are capable of the same basic core tasks. Where they differ are in features, and everyone has their own priorities regarding those. Then there's usability and design, even more subjective... all I'll suggest is start with a budget, come up with a shortlist of what appeals to you, then take time to find working demos that you can play with. There's a huge choice out there, with something for everyone.

psionandy, KOLIO, Brian706 and 2 others like this.
  6. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    The best phone for me may not be the best phone for you. To reiterate, make a list - write it down - of the MUSTS of a phone based on what you intend it to do for you. Then start shopping, thinning out the candidate phones that don't meet your list. Once you're down to 2 or 3 devices, go to the store and test drive them for handling, speed, response, etc. And make your final decision based on what will work best for YOU. My 2ยข :)

Brian706 and Mikestony like this.
  7. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
    Curious about your S6. Have you received any software updates? 5.1 to 6.0? If so you may be able to clear up some of the glitches with a factory reset. If it is something you want to try,backup all important data,photos and such to PC or cloud first because it will wipe everything.

Brian706 and Mikestony like this.
  8. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    I'm more inclined to think that the glitches are induced by a faulty app or update installation, or a rogue app. Also if you are using those optimizer and task killers, those actually slow the phone down and cause glitches like the ones you mention.

Brian706 likes this.
  9. disturbedjosh

disturbedjosh New Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Male
    Thank you guys for the replies. I do have the current updates but it may be as chan said and be the apps. Not entirely sure

Brian706 and scary alien like this.
  10. Brian706

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Drafter
    Washington
    This thread is starting to become a spam magnet so I locked it up. If you have any issues with that, please feel free to send me a PM to discuss! :)