• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Best aosp rom with navigation and possibly 4g

i have not tried the nightlies. the stable version of cm7.0.2.1 has wifi working for me with no issues and i have not had to switch or change anything. what radios are you on?

Not sure if this was directed at me since it's below my last post, but I was speaking of Wimax (4g).

WiFi works in CM7 for me, though with seemingly less range/throughput. I connect at slower speeds at distances greater than 10 feet than I did on stock Sense. ~20mb rather than 54, for example. Not a huge deal though I suppose.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this was directed at me since it's below my last post, but I was speaking of Wimax (4g).

WiFi works in CM7 for me, though with seemingly less range/throughput. I connect at slower speeds at distances greater than 10 feet than I did on stock Sense. ~20mb rather than 54, for example. Not a huge deal though I suppose.

Not sure why I said wifi. I meant to say wimax. I have 4g working. Weird that you do not. Have you checked to make sure that you have your wimax keys?

Upvote 0
ok so not sure if this is what you did to switch recoveries but here it is anyways:
1.download amon ra PC36IMG.zip file
2.rename the file by just deleting the "_RA_2.3" part in the name so that it is now named PC36IMG. do not add an extension as windows hides extensions.
3.transfer the file to the root(no folder) of the sd card
4.power off
5.press and hold power+vol down to get to hboot(bootloader)
6.hboot will automatically scan for the PC36IMG file
7.press vol up to select yes to update

now you should have amon ra installed. hopefully this will let you flash the first blood theme. also do not forget to make a nandroid backup as clockwork mod backups will not work with amon ra.

Upvote 0
Check out evodeck.

I've been on Cyanogen for quite some time now and just recently changed to evodeck this week. If you like CM, then you'll love evodeck! So much faster and "cleaner" than Cyanogen. It is basically a pure Android ROM without all that extra jazz.

I'm currently testing Godmode kernel on it but I hear Tiamat is supposed to be pretty good.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones